Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

To stop and see clearly

Well, this is it, the first post. I'd like to start with a quote from my book The Great Western Divide.

At this moment in our history of fear and in this present place we are called to stop and see clearly. It is the great act of being.
What is dream and what is real? What is spirit and what is of the mind? I have stories to tell and stories within stories. I'll light a fire and ask that we sit awhile together.

The book is frameworked around this discussion over the fire and in a sense that is what this blog is intended to be. What is dream and what is real? What is spirit and what is of the mind? I do indeed have stories to tell. When I was eleven or twelve I looked around and realized that no one I knew had any knowledge of life in depth. Everyone endured life as best they could. I have spent my life probing those depths to find what I could and move beyond the limitations of this heritage. I know some of you probably have encountered this same soul deadening experience and that's why we're here.

Times are crazy, that's for sure, and we have to stop somewhere and begin to see things in a clearer light. I hope you'll return and see what happens.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?